A reader writes:
I am suffering from extreme diarrhea and itching due to candida. I am currently eating no sugar, taking Three Lac, eating yogurt. I am eating fruit. Is it contributing to my problem? What diet do you recommend for my current condition?
Extreme diarrhea and itching may be due to candida. Assuming that is correct, these are my recommendations:
- No sugar and no fruit, as there is too much sugar in fruit.
- ThreeLac is an extremely potent probiotic; follow the guidelines it provides for maximum effectiveness.
- If the above is not yet helping, anti-fungals need to be used.
- Herbals can be tried first, including caprylic acid, Pau D’Arco, and garlic
- If the above doesn’t work, contact a physician who is familiar with Candida and can provide Diflucan and Nystatin by prescription